Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week two, an imcomplete mermaid



This week. Sigh. This week. I traveled to Seattle to be with my family for a very intense couple of days. I thought I would be able to do some stitching while waiting at the hospital. That did not work. There was just way too much stress. And then I came home and got sick.



But I did get some work done on the mermaid stitching. I did a satin stitch for her hair.
I didn't like any of the blue greens I had separately. I didn't think that they were very under-watery. So I took two and separated out each strand, then put them back together. I much prefer the look of the two together. Additionally I like the weight that the twelve strands add to the body of the mermaid.




This will be a project that I will keep working on and keep you posted on. Just so you know... this is what happens. My life is chaotic. I work three jobs, have three kids and other people that rely on me. Crafting is my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment